One of the prominent ways to prevent your business from being stagnant is to stand out from the competition. One of the most common questions business owners need to ask themselves is: ‘Is my business still relevant to the target market I have and am I presenting or packaging it in the best possible way taking in to account the resources available to me?'. One of the catch phrases in businesses today is; beyond expectations or exceeding expectations. The way to achieve the above, would be to look at your business from a constructively critical view. The following 5 tips can help you revive your business:
1. Re-evaluate the market to see your relevance and offer
Experienced, successful business owners and consultants will recommend that at the start of your business you focus on a niche or at least a very clear market. Once you gain traction, you can expand your product and/or service offerings and market share. For existing businesses on the other hand, depending on if it’s a product or service, you will have real time data to use to evaluate the market place. What lines are moving and what isn’t. Why they are or not moving. Is demand low due to visibility of the product or service or in actual fact the market has moved on to other products or services that you don’t provide or offer. There is benchmarking software or services you can buy into to compare your performance and marketing with others in the market. Staying relevant may require looking at your whole business model and reviewing it. Our business consultants will help you with a Business Health Check to address some of the above matters. This will identify specific key drivers in your business.
2. Check your customer acquisition methods
Many businesses are mostly particular about reaching their target. Such as; sales, services, expansion, acquiring more customers and retaining old ones etc. However, how you acquired your customers in the first place is very important as it gives you the opportunity to utilise your strengths and rectify your weaknesses. If you sell from a store on the high street, do you also need to consider online sales too and which social media platforms would be relevant to your business? Better to do your homework rather than just base it on trial and error. Is the stagnation because even though you are getting new customers, you are also losing existing ones? This could be the reason, so you have to look at balancing getting new customers whilst retaining existing ones. The use of customer evaluation, feedback analysis, user groups set up, etc could be a way forward in this area. Don’t get lost in believing your own hype.
3. Reviewing your business plan
Business Modelling and Planning is sometimes seen as old school and rigid. However, this doesn’t have to be the case. It is necessary to serve as a guide, such as keeping on track, identifying a new marketing strategy, planning a customer acquisition campaign, identifying and achieving your business strategies to generate overall success. However, your business plan should be tweaked every now and then strategically to align with customers/clients needs, change in the economy, new business ideas or even getting a business loan which would have to be incorporated into the business plan. No business plan can afford to be rigid, otherwise it becomes obsolete.
Your business model is not a mathematical calculation, it simply describes the rationale of how your business creates, captures and delivers value. Our professional and experienced consultants will work with you on the building blocks to get both your business plan and model right from the start.
4. Reviewing Your website
The excitement of a website seems to waver ever so often. Websites are left to gather dust. People sometimes move from their website to apps, to other social media platforms at the expense of the site. Website are still very relevant in most businesses and play their crucial part alongside the other online strategies. The reality is that your website is your storefront. Whether you are selling a product or delivering a service. It is the first thing a potential customer or client sees when they first view your website. First impressions are very crucial at this stage as it can determine if a customer or client stays engaged and continues to be interested in what you have to offer and therefore honour your ‘call to action’ or bounce off straight away onto another competing website. Apart from stepping back to look at your website from the view of a customer/client trying to purchase or look for information, get colleagues, friends and family to do the same. However, this can be very tricky as they may not want to hurt your feelings and therefore give you positive feedback (or even negative feedback in extreme cases, particularly if they do not support your business). You are therefore often better off consulting an independent consultant. As a website or ecommerce expert would also have so much more to give by telling you if your website needs a whole new face over or a few tweaks here and there. Furthermore, one of the leading web design trends for 2019 according to Amber Leigh Turner of Design & Development was; removing non-essential design elements in favor of simplicity. This continues to be the trend. Customers/clients want websites they can easily scan as opposed to just good looking websites.
5. Review your brand. What does your brand say about you?
You, members of staff and of course your website, apps, and social media platforms ‘wear your brand on their sleeve’ so to speak. When people see or meet you, they form an impression of your brand before you get to sell it. If you impress that person, they would like to know more. Therefore, if you are a representative of a company (which doesn’t sell tracksuits) and you turn up at a business event in a tracksuit, there is the likelihood you will not be taken seriously and therefore could lose important business contacts. There is a lot to discuss on branding as part of your marketing strategy, and many little cost effective things you could do that have a real impact in reviving your business.
At RBSS we have real life case studies of turning business performance around and helping them improve profitability and achieve business goals. If you feel your business is becoming or is already stagnant or you may need advice or support in any of the above tips or other business areas such as help to raise finance, start up loans or grow your business etc. You may even just want to bounce ideas off our business advisors, we offer the first consultancy free, so please feel free to connect with our business advisors at RBSS Consulting Ltd on 0333 355 1696 or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We provide real business solutions for start-ups and existing micro and small businesses.
Business Advisors Romford | Business Advisors Hornchurch | Business Advisors Upminster | Business Advisors Brentwood | Business Advisors Barking | Business Advisors Dagenham | Business Advisors Ilford | Business Advisors Stratford | Business Advisors London
Let us know what you thought of this post, leave a comment below.
It is the desire for every business owner to obtain substantial business growth. Actually, that’s not true. Some businesses were simply set up to fund a lifestyle or to remain small. Not everyone wants a medium or large size company. However every business owner needs growth in their business. If the business is not growing, it’s shrinking. There is nothing like a stand still. If it’s standing still, it’s like holding your breath. You can’t do that for too long. The inevitable will happen. Every single detail related to the business is of importance. However, in this short blog, I will be touching on 5 key drivers for company growth and management. They are:
4. Systems and
1. People relates to a productive working person or team. Without someone/people to run the business and people to purchase the products/services, it wouldn’t exist! According to OPOWER CEO and co-founder Dan Yates, the secret formula to small business success is hiring the right people. However, this area can be very difficult to manage especially if the employees/partners views or interest is not aligned with the business. This will interfere with the systems which is the efficiency measure to drive profits and the ultimate goal of any profit making business. What are the key performance indicators for your people? Do you train them or if you are a micro business, do you undergo training yourself.
2. The importance of marketing which does cover a very wide area relates to gaining new customers. It is one area that is often talked about, but not worked on effectively, sometimes due to time or investments required. Effective sales and marketing lies at the heart of any successful business growth and helps to achieve business goals. Your system of marketing will very much depend on your products / services and your target market. Some businesses feel they don’t need a target market. In this day and age, for any business to expand and grow, it needs to have a system of marketing which is geared towards its market. Unlike in ‘the good old days’, there’s no such thing as marketing for all, especially with social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc. An intelligent investment in marketing will ensure stability and growth, if combined with strong customer retention. This will therefore help in making your business sustainable and therefore also compete effectively. Our Business Consultants at RBSS will help ensure your marketing goals (or help you put them together) align with the business goals.
3. Finance is one of the most challenging aspects of any business especially new businesses and start-ups in relation to profitable working. Profit generation is the root function of any worthwhile business as it acts as a source of income, enables reinvestment for the business, acts as a buffer against setbacks and creates wealth for the owners and other stakeholders. The truth of the matter is that, whether you are a start-up business or an existing business that wants to grow the company to the next level, you may need some form of cash injection to help you on your way, alongside the right plan. But asking for money isn’t often simple. Any funder, be it a business loan, equity finance or any other kind of finance will want to see a business plan and financial projections, to help them decide if investing in your idea is going to be a profitable one, or not. The business advisors at RBSS Consulting in Romford, Essex, help companies of all sizes get finance ready.
4. Systems which is also known as efficient working is what keeps your company together, helps it grow and improve profitability. Our Business Valuation, Performance and Health Check Service is designed to help you achieve the performance and value what you would like to see happen by addressing the above key drivers. This key driver can easily be overlooked especially when the business is up and running smoothly and making a profit. However, it is vital as it expresses how effectively time, money and effort are being utilised. This, is very much the case when managed effectively as it aids a business to improve profitability. At RBSS Consulting we use an artificial intelligence business dashboard run by Runagood, an online software used for measuring company metrics to drive performance and value and benchmarks your company within your industry. As a business grows, the ability of the owner/manager to remember, watch, manage and make good decisions deteriorates unless they have the right systems in place. It does become more demanding to monitor the various systems in place and deciding how to move these systems forward. We can help with that.
5. Operations may sound overwhelming for some. However, it relates to retaining customers and is certainly at the heart of any sustainable business. I’ll refer to Operations as the ‘heartbeat of the business. NOT to be overlooked! It keeps the business ticking as it is the backbone of retaining your current customers or clients with the most efficient form of marketing. A smooth operation leads to smoother growth. If your clients or customers are happy, you will be their first go-to and they will be more than happy to recommend you without realizing they are actually marketing for you for FREE! However, there needs to be a stable balance between maintaining new customers (via marketing) and retaining current customers (via operations). To gain further insight into this area, have a look at our quick guide on how to develop your business performance strategies.
If you require further insight into these key areas to help your company grow or you just want someone with the required knowledge and experience in this area or any other area of marketing to bounce ideas off of, please feel free to connect with our business advisors at RBSS Consulting Ltd on 0333 355 1696 or drop us am email at email@example.com. We provide real business solutions for startups and existing micro and small businesses.
Every business whether start-up or existing micro, small, medium or large enterprise, needs expert and valuable business advice. That’s where RBSS steps in. We provide a full diagnostic on areas of your business or field you may not have thought about, but are important. A business consultant can also be an excellent sounding board to help get you out of some very tricky situations. Some business solutions are ways to raising finance, business valuation and health checks, business planning , growth strategies, profitability and efficiency strategies, business modelling etc. These services are available to both start-ups and existing businesses.
In this blog I will focus on 4 key areas a consultant can add value to your business:
1. Finance ready
Finance is the bloodline of businesses. Without finance there is no business! Most business want to grow and profitably too. The Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) states that up 40% of small and medium businesses fail within the first year and a further 30% within three years. It’s been proven that part of the reasons for business failures is lack of understanding business finance and business support, amongst other things. Our Business Consultants at RBSS will help you combat the key areas to get financial backing at the best rate and from the best source that suits your business needs. This may be business loans (which includes Start up loans) or equity funding (whichever funding suits your business best). Help to become finance ready is crucial to put you in the best position possible for funding.
2. Understanding your competition
Let’s imagine that you want to open a pub in Romford. After doing your research you realise that there are 20 pubs within a five-mile radius. How are you going to make your pub stand out? What niche markets do the other bars feature? Some will target millennials, whilst others rely on entertainment etc to thrive. Our researchers at RBSS will help you research your local competition.
We will do more than check out their websites. We will invite you to visit your competition in person, book appointments with them and see how they run their businesses. Ask them their challenges and pain-points. This in-depth research will only make your business more viable. You can then mitigate the threats and leverage the opportunities. These pointers will stand out more with our thorough Business Valuation and Health Checks.
3. Personal visits
Being a consultant is about giving practical information, advice and guidance based on facts and figures. Nowadays, clients expect a bit more and would like a Business Consultant to make it more personal. At RBSS our Business Consultants will visit and get a one-to-one, hands-on sense of how your business is running where feasible. This way, we can see beyond the surface and be able to advise and help beyond what you may deem as the challenges. We will be happy to revisit or have you visit us, whether it be in person, telephone or Skype etc. to ensure you are where you want to be and staying on top.
4. Problem solving and business strategy
Business Consultants also possess great problem-solving skills to provide solutions and recommendations that will increase profitability and efficiency, which is the backbone to any business. Strategy can be over-emphasised, but a lack of it can also be bad news for any business. You can only stumble around in the dark for so long. At some point, sooner rather than later if you have managed to survive, your business will need a clear strategy.
Business consultants can help you with strategies that achieve your goals. Be that growth, profitability or operational improvements.
These are all areas that will add to your businesses bottom line. So if you can resonate with any of the areas covered above or any other business related issues at all, get in touch.
For more insight on the services our experienced and professional Business Consultants In Romford provide, please feel free to call, skype or complete the form below:
Whether it’s starting a business or running an existing successful business, we could all do with a few pointers every now and then. Here are 5 important business quotes and what you can learn from them:
1. "Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts."- Winston S. Churchill.
Many of us are aware of the burdensome challenges Churchill faced whilst the British army was heavily under fire, including himself. However, he proved it does take true courage and perseverance especially in the face of failure. This eventually led Britain to victory. Your business may be under fire at the moment for various reasons, lack of customers, state of the economy, cash flow issues, temporary industry setbacks, lack of funding or even a lack of clarity of the health of your business. RBSS Consulting will help you do a full business health check and performance diagnostic and offer real solutions to help you meet your business goals and thrive.
2. “I'm convinced that about half of what separates successful entrepreneurs from the non successful ones is pure perseverance.”- Steve Jobs
Going the extra mile is a lonely place. This also makes the extra mile a place filled with opportunities. Over time, that's what will make you successful. This is what made Jobs a great success. He didn’t care if he stood alone in his ideas and he continued to pursue them in spite of the conflicts and alienation they bought, even upon himself. With fierce competition facing many business, RBSS Consulting can help improve your business performance making your business sustainable and driving growth by showing you where to persevere.
3. "Try not to become a man of success. Rather become a man of value.’’- Albert Einstein
Being successful is not always the hardest thing in the world as it is equal parts of luck and hard work. However, if your business concentrates on adding value to its clients or customers and does this wisely, then you are on the way to success.
Nevertheless, adding value is a not as easy as people think. Einstein was true to his word and is well known for his theory of relativity and the equation E=MC2, which foreshadowed the development of atomic power which we still enjoy and value til today. As an entrepreneur, it is important you look to add sustainable value to your clients, thereby being an effective business model within your community. Value that is not easily eroded. This could be in the business model, customer service, innovation, etc. RBSS Consulting will help you with this.
4. "You know you are on the road to success if you would do your job, and not be paid for it.’’- Oprah Winfrey
Success is much more likely to come your way if you’re in it for the right reasons... the right reason should be because you love what you are doing. According to statistics an average of 60% of small and medium businesses fail within the first year and 30% within three years. This has been known to be because of poor planning, lack of vision, driving profitability from day one or even over trading. We at RBSS can help you find or rekindle that passion by also finding your purpose for the business and having clarity of what to focus on in those early years.
5. On a lighter note, ‘’Spend more time smiling than frowning and more time praising than critising.’’- Sir Richard Branson
I believe I can safely say whenever Branson features in the press, he’s often caught with a big smile. We should also be aware that happy employees are central to the success of a business as emphasized in his book, ‘Like a Virgin: Secrets They Won't Teach You at Business School’. This largely contributes to Virgin’s success. Appreciating and embracing your team including their ideas really makes a business. This gives employees freedom to help structure your decision making process. An entrepreneur should aim to be a lender and NOT a boss.
If you are facing any of the above challenges or would like to talk to an expert about taking your business to the next level, connect with the top business adviser in Romford, RBSS Consulting on 0333 355 1696 or drop an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We provide real business solutions for startups and existing micro and small businesses.
Undeniably, customers are at the heart of every business and you need to keep on acquiring new ones to keep your business afloat. It doesn’t matter what you do, you may be a consulting firm or a bakery or a real estate agent, your business needs new customers. They not only provide increased access to finance but also help in boosting business growth.
However, it is easier said than done. In the competitive business world of today, you certainly need that extra edge over competitors to be able to draw in new customers. Here are 5 essential tips to get new customers and stay on top of the game –
1. Make it easy for customers to find you
Have you been complaining about how you just can’t seem to get new customers? Well, think for a second – is your business easy to find? It doesn’t matter how great your services are or how amazing your product is, it all boils down to the fact that are you visible to potential customers or not. Increase your online presence; put a digital marketing plan in place, make use of online directories as well. Make sure that you put yourself in front of your potential customers. Visibility is the Key to Credibility which leads to profitability.
2. Leverage your existing network
Try to put your existing network to use when it comes to getting more customers. Request your old customers to provide a referral; these could be the strongest leads for your business. Make efforts to network within your target market. For example, if you run a bakery business then join local baking groups, online baking communities and more. Then leverage this network to increase your customer base. Why not look up your local Chamber of Commerce and Industry, and join their networking events?
3. Speak at events and exhibits (or host one)
Sign up for speaking at events, exhibits and meet-ups within your target market. This is the best place to put your business out there, in front of your potential customers. If there are not many relevant events, then maybe you could host one? It would be the best chance to connect with your target market.
4. See whether free trials work for you
People don’t buy what they see or hear, they buy what they experience for themselves. If you can provide a free trial of your product or service, then advertise the same. If a complete free trial is not viable for your business then you could offer a small sample for free. This is a proven way to gain new customers; ones that are more likely to turn into regular clients. This isn’t proposing offering a free service as part of your accessing the market. It also works better for some businesses than others and can be built into your model in a positive manner.
5. Run a referral program
Referrals are often undermined whereas they should be treated like gold. Plan and put in place a referral program which mutually benefits everyone. For example, ask your customers to refer a new customer and both of them could get x% off on the next order. Overtime, you will have a good number of new customers coming in from your referral program itself.
If you would like to talk to an expert about acquiring new customers, then connect with the top business adviser in Romford, RBSS Consulting on 0333 355 1696 or drop an email at email@example.com. We provide real business improvement strategies and also offer business start-up plans for small businesses.